Design Futures Council in Australia
In 2016, DesignIntelligence expanded its global reach by establishing an office in Australia to serve the local A/E/C industry. Architecture, engineering and construction contributes approximately AUD$200 billion per year to the Australian economy, employs more than one million people, and is the source of innovations of global interest in areas such as sustainable design and construction.
The Design Futures Council helps firms and organizations better understand and navigate conditions with the Australian and global A/E/C market through signature gatherings of leaders who take a keen interest in trends and drivers of change.
The executive leadership of the Design Futures Council (DFC) selects candidate members for the organization each year. There are three categories of DFC membership: Professional Executive, for professional practices in architecture, engineering, construction and design; Institutional Affiliate, for design education institutions, nonprofits, and government agencies; and Commercial, for building product manufacturers and other providers to A/E/C.
Firms and organizations are invited to membership based on several factors including, but not limited to:
- Excellence in design, engineering, and delivery practice or education
- Reputation for innovation and forward-thinking contributions to the industry or academia
- Deep and broad service to market sectors
- Potential for meaningful contribution to the thought and trend leadership of the DFC
- Leaders of member organizations bring their best thinking to each DFC gathering, ensuring that every summit drives forward movement, transformation, and actionable outcomes.
Membership in the Design Futures Council benefits firms and organizations in a variety of ways:
- Eligibility to participate in the Graduate Presentation Program
- Onsite DesignIntelligence forums
- Priority access to DI Media
- Priority invitations to Design Futures Council events
- Eligibility to participate in industry-defining DI Research projects
Direct participation by members is essential to reaping sustainable value from their involvement with the DFC. Firms and organizations that accept invitations to join the Design Futures Council commit to active participation through:
- Promotion and endorsement of the Design Futures Council across the industry and academy
- Careful and intentional participation in all DI Research surveys
- Direct access to member organization subject matter experts for DesignIntelligence editorial and research guidance
- Attendance at a minimum of two DFC events per year
Each year the DFC convenes summits and luncheons on issues of strategic importance to leaders.
The DFC Leadership Summits provide a deep-dive into non-mainstream thinking and the issues affecting the future of the built environment.
DFC Touchstone Luncheons are an intimate opportunity for DFC members to have a robust open discussion with influential leaders within the public and private sectors about the future challenges that our industry, and economy faces. Our events are an opportunity for strategic thinkers to share knowledge and shape the future of those who are on the ground within our industry.
Once a year DCF Members are connected globally at the International Colloquium.
These are held in different parts of the globe. These two and a half day gatherings are centered around a different theme each year and the agenda is a mix of discussion-centric presentations, interactive sessions, walking tours, and the enjoyment of fine dining and local entertainment.
Please see the global list of events.DFC Events