The Fern is the Southern Hemisphere’s first Passivhaus Certified apartment building 300m from Redfern station, comprising 11 x one-bedroom ‘next-gen’ serviced apartments.
The apartments feature:
• Triple glazed doors and windows – 6 times more energy efficient than code compliant equivalents.
• Airtight construction – 40 times better than average homes, keeping out dust, noise and insects.
• Constant fresh, hypoallergenic filtered air free of dust, pollen and pollution through Heat Recovery Ventilation – now a code compliant ventilation solution thanks to the Fern.
• Structural thermal breaks preventing unwanted heat transfer – world first design innovation.
• 21kW of solar power with smart metering, with no electricity or hot water bills anticipated.
• 9.3-10 star NatHERS energy ratings – Best ever achieved in Australian apartments.
Local architect and builder Oliver Steele has spent the last 4 years designing and detailing each and every aspect of his latest creation. He’s overseen the Steele Associates team with the uncompromising precision that’s earned them a swathe of industry awards in the past decade.
Bringing sustainable living to Australia is Oliver’s life’s work – which is why he’s embraced the Passivhaus movement.
DFC Members and friends are fortunate to have a site tour of these apartments delivered by Oliver on October 30, 8:00-9:00am sharp.
Click here to register